Friday, June 27, 2014

Vegan on your doorstep

One of the things that every vegan does before eating a new food is read the label. Sometimes I am caught by surprise when something I just know is vegan contains animal products. Every day I learn more about other names for animal products that may be found in food. There is even an app called "Is it Vegan?" that promises to take the guess work and eye strain out of finding vegan products.

And if you don't want to read labels or download apps you can always order from Vegan Cuts- a website that offers monthly deliveries of vegan snacks. I indulged in a one month gift subscription to determine whether I really wanted to commit to this.

I was amazed to see the size of the box, for some reason I was expecting a huge box. But, after much thought and being pleased with the items in the box I got over these feelings. The following items were in my box:









So far, my absolute favorite thing in the box has been the lemon snakaroons. So good! Everything else was okay, nothing I would really go out searching for. I liked the chance to try new things that I might never see in a store, but was a sad there was only one of everything. I think I will subscribe to a year of Vegan Cuts and see what else is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment