Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What is the best motivation for going and staying vegan?

What  is your motivation?


As a person who has fallen off the vegan wagon too many times to count- I wonder what is the best motivation for sticking with it?

Motivation A-The animals


We have all heard the horror stories (or even worse seen videos) of how livestock are treated. The book Diet for a New America certainly made me never want to see or smell, much less taste meat. The stories of cows with mastitis were enough to turn me off milk for a while (especially since I experienced mastitis-OUCH!). But is it enough? Will you remember the suffering of animals when someone offers ice cream?


Motivation B-Health


Everyone has heard of The China Study and we know that vegetarians are healthier than the average carnivore. Is this enough? Knowing that your arteries are free of cholesterol and other gunk?

Motivation C- Spirituality


I have heard a lot about this lately. "Our body is God's temple, would he want you to eat meat? Some people attach vegetarianism and veganism to their religion. Perhaps it's easier to stay on the straight and narrow if you know that God is watching.

What's your motivation?

I am hoping that this time I will be able to stay committed so that the animals, my planet and my body will be happier and healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment