Friday, October 4, 2013

Quick Evening Meal

Last night, I wanted a quick easy meal. I could not spend lots of time on my feet in the kitchen and I knew that I would be spending a lot of time in the kitchen today preparing for Sabbath. I had purchased some seitan (wheat meat) to create a meal (Stroganoff) from my favorite cookbook Vegan with a Vengeance. Well, I am tired of pasta and like I said this needed to be quick. So spent about thirty minutes peeling and boiling sweet potatoes, sautéing spinach and basically reheating the seitan. This meal paid off! The highlight of the meal though was the seitan. This was the first time I actually had this and I would definitely have it again. I tried Sweet Earth Chipotle Style Seitan, which I purchased for $7.99 from BFLO. It was spicy with just the right amount of sauce. I liked everything about it except the price! This was only enough for one meal so it is a splurge item for me, but we pay for convenience, right???


 
 
 
 
 
The finished product!!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment