Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!

2015 is here!

What are your plans for the new year? This year I want to cook more whole foods, while working on my Master's Degree I have started to rely on convenience foods. These tend to be expensive and not as satisfying. So, I resolve to cook more..fresh veggies..less fake meat...wholesome meals!

My cookbook collection has expanded to include The 40th Anniversary Edition of Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen*. This cookbook is actually vegetarian, not vegan. It does include many vegan sauces, spreads and other recipes. What is most intriguing about this book is that it is handwritten with hand-drawn pictures throughout. I loved the story behind the book, how it started out as a collection of recipes handwritten for use in a restaurant.

I would recommend this book for someone who is exploring a vegetarian lifestyle. I know just the person. My beloved nephew has decided to become a vegetarian, YAY. His mother, my sister is spending lots of time stressing about what to feed him. He swims competitively, so needs lots of fuel to keep him going. I plan to pass this book along to her, it includes so many basic recipes (hummus) that she can begin with. Hopefully, one day I will be passing on a Vegan cookbook to her.

At the beginning of a new year people are more open to consider life changes. I hope we can encourage a more compassionate way of living. Happy New Year!

*A free copy of this book was provided by Blogging for Books. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment