Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cookbook Review- Relae


I am unsure if the word cookbook should be used to describe Relae: A Book of  Ideas. I am looking for ideas, I want to throw away the measuring cups, spoons and recipes, in favor of a more relaxed style of cooking. A little of this, a little of that, you know the way grammy did it. Well, I may be getting better at this, considering I made an awesome chickpea curry yesterday without a recipe in sight.

Back to the cookbook... I mean The Book of Ideas. I truly enjoyed the story behind this book. Christian Puglisi tells of his journey from chef at the restaurant of someone else to his own. His restaurant is like none I have ever heard of, the ideas are unique and fresh. I loved the story of how he found the space for the restaurant. Think, broken down, drug infested area transformed to hip and upcoming.

Though this is a book of ideas, I don't think the average vegan/person would enjoy it. Everything is just too weird! I didn't see a single recipe..excuse me... idea that I would like to try. This will be used as a coffee table book for me.

I did like the premise that Mr. Puglisi puts forward. He advocates for veggies first. The meat is more of a side dish in his restaurant. I love this, perhaps if we keep pushing meat to the side it will become totally unnecessary to the wider population.

A free copy of this book was provided by Blogging for Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment