Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Re-Purposing Leftovers! Vegan MOFO


On Monday, I used Nature's Vegetarian Patties with Pasta Salad to create a really great lunch. I was blown away by how the flavors in the Pasta Salad magnified overnight. Delicious! I have definitely added this to my list of regular lunch options.

Well, I had quite a few patties left over. I am not much of a sandwich fan, so I never felt motivated to use the patties to make sandwiches. My sister has been packing wraps for her family and raves about them constantly. So I decided to re-purpose my patties and use them in wraps. The patties can be a little dry, so I searched my freezer for something to kick it up a notch. I found leftover cheeze that had been used to make pizza. I found this winner of a recipe in Dreena Burton's Plant Powered Kitchen, the original recipe uses Spinach which I left out. I also used tomatoes, onions and lettuce, better than any wrap I would have bought and much cheaper!




No comments:

Post a Comment