Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Have I failed to lunch?





The pressures of a new school year and Master's Programme have begun to slow me down. Last week was great, I saved money, enjoyed great lunches and even dropped a pound or two. Yet, this week has gotten off to a slow start. Yesterday's lunch was simply a flour tortilla smeared with hummus and lots of fruit. Last night was spent trying to complete a paper that is due TODAY, so today's lunch will simply be some leftovers.

After preparing chickpea cutlets with mushroom gravy for Sabbath dinner, I had some Baby Bella Mushrooms left. I decided to use them along with onions, bell peppers and garlic to spice up some store bought tomato sauce. I served with thin spaghetti and topped with leftover veggie Parmesan made from pecans and nutritional yeast. This will serve as today's lunch. Hopefully, I will get back on track today. I have a great recipe from Salad Samurai bookmarked for tomorrow's lunch.

2 comments:

  1. I can understand that - the other year I did my masters and cooking definitely took the back seat! I ate a lot of toast, let me tell you. Hope you get to make your salad for tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete