Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Bad Vegan Food!

I finally get it!


Why people think Vegan Food is yucky, weird, even gross, this is what I finally get.


I was invited to a banquet at a friend's church and was ecstatic to discover that a vegan caterer would be preparing the meal. No need to ask questions or wonder-everything would be vegan.


I knew that the attitudes of those around me would be different from mine, but I expected them to be blown away. I know that vegan food can be great! What a let down!


The food was absolutely awful, the flavor combinations were weird and the execution was just so poorly done. I felt so sad to see plates full of food being taken out by the wait staff.


Yet, what made me even sadder was the expressions of the other guests, "Whose idea was it to have vegan food?" I wanted everyone to be wowed and think, "Being vegan isn't bad at all, I might try that." Instead most people left with a firm prejudice in their minds against vegan food. Perhaps I should invite them to my house and cook from......


The Oh She Glows Cookbook- Cookbook Review

I was anticipating this cookbook for months. I preordered in October, it was released in February. I love this book. I have tried recipe after recipe and everything is so good.


I am especially loving the Maple Apple and Pear Baked Oatmeal. The Apple Pie Oatmeal has been featured two mornings in a row now.


Get this cookbook!!!!! You will not regret it.


In fact I brought the baked oatmeal for one of my coworkers who stated that she needed the recipe. See, vegan food can be good-one person down, just a few hundred thousand to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment