Thursday, November 21, 2013

Book Review-The Strait of Hormuz by Davis Bunn

I am not usually a fan of mystery/suspense books, my heart cannot deal with the excitement. But I loved this book. From the first paragraph I was hooked, there was no back story or long explanation of who, what or why. I must say the author did a great job of explaining the who, what and why as the book moved along. I was never confused- and there were a lot of characters.

The story follows a former agent who is sent to Switzerland to find out where a shipment of potentially dangerous weapons is headed. The author shows what happens as they track the shipment and what is "really" going on. My favorite aspect of the book is all the characters you meet. My favorite was Farsi, the guide who helped throughout the story and Sir Geoffrey. The book subtly weaved in the Christian theme of seeking God's will and what to do when faced with tough decisions. This book reminded me of the Jack Hawthorne Series. If you like those, you will love this book.

A free copy of this book was provided by Bethany House Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment